In ear monitoring is fast becoming the go-to way for musicians to hear themselves on stage, the days of those bulky stage monitors are less and less common amongst performers. There are hundreds of options when it comes to the brand of in-ears that you want, some are expensive, some are not, and each have their good and bad features. I have purchased my first pair of in ear monitors, the Moxpad X6’s, and I am going to give you a written review of these today.
- The first thing I was really about with these monitors was their price! When I got them they were £15 down from £50. All in all, for your first pair, this is a reasonable price to spend, especially if you’re going to be using them constantly like I am. The price may vary depending on where you buy them, I brought mine from Amazon.
- Another thing I love about these is that the sound quality is really crisp despite the price, I’ve never had any issues with the sound becoming distorted no matter how many instruments I have going through them
- They are also really comfortable to wear. I have to wear mine for around four hours during a Not Now Jhon rehearsal and it doesn’t bother me at all.
- They go right into the ear, this means you have a good seal from outside noise unless the microphones are picking any up.
- Detatchable cable, great if the cable breaks!
- not a long enough cable if you’re not wireless. I don’t currently have a wireless pack so am running my set of these through a mixing desk, the cable can sometimes be too short so I have to either use an extension cable or adjust my set up so I’m not craning my neck to avoid being stuck!
- I feel like I’ve had to re-burn them in after a two week break? It was probably my ears themselves, but it felt like they’d lost their edge after not using them for a little while.
- The cable can get tangled within the case.
- The case should be bigger, I feel.
Overall though, as you can see, the pros outweigh the cons and they are brilliant for your first set of in ears. Here are all the specifications and the buy link.
Speaker Type: Dynamic Micro Speaker
Sensitivity: 95 dB SPL/mW
Cable Length:1350mm+/-50mm(53 in.+/-2 in)
Buy link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/GranVela-X6-…